Sunday, May 15, 2011

At last...pictures from DC



I am still missing some of my pictures, but here is a good start!

President Obama addresses us
May 3, 2011


The presidential seal
May 3, 2011


View of the Washington Monument, taken by Molly Boyle, Iowa TOY
May 2011


Our bus!
May 3, 2011


The Lincoln Memorial--one of my most favorite places on earth
May 5, 2011


All State TOYs in our lovely Target t-shirts
May 5, 2011
Posted by Picasa
View of the White House
May 2, 2011


Washington Monument
May 2, 2011


Ford's Theatre--taken by my husband, May 2, 2011. I was sad I did not make it there, sadder that
he didn't realize that Lincoln actually died across the street so he didn't get a picture of that.


Ford's Theatre


I love this picture--preparing to go to the White House; trying to figure out the camera.
May 3, 2011


Bangs or not?  Prepping for the White House
May 3, 2011


Taken by Brandon while waiting to get into the White House after passing security.
May 3, 2011


View of White House


We met with President Obama in the Oval Office, one by one, by height.  I am a hair
taller than Shelly Moody, Maine's TOY (dressed in red) and Wilma Ortiz, Massachusetts' TOY (in the black suit).
Here we await the Illinois TOY, Annice Brave, and then commence to sweat in the 87 degree weather
 as each teacher has his or her time with the president.


For some reason, even though it was a flawlessly bright day, we still had giant spotlights shining on us.
May 3, 2011


View from the Rose Garden
May 3, 2011


View from Rose Garden
May 3, 2011


Action shot of my conversation with Senator Kelly Ayotte.  I need to learn to speak
with my mouth and not so much with my hands...
May 3, 2011


Looking up at the stairs in the Senate House Building.  Beatiful!
May 3, 2011


I love this picture--it makes me look all senatorial, talking outside the Senate Building,
but really I'm talking baseball with my son!
May 3, 2011


Senate Building and a lingering "boy misses Mom" conversation
May 3, 2011




Me, totally enraptured by this whole experience.  This is the Supreme Court.  Sigh.
May 3, 2011




The Capitol
May 3, 2011


The real Capitol Steps.
May 3, 2011


View of the Smithsonian Castle (to the left) and the Washington Monument
from the Capitol.
May 3, 2011


The Capitol on a glorious day
May 3 2011


A secret little place we found right outside of the Capitol.  An underground spring.
May 3, 2011


Meeting my hero
May 3, 2011


Phil Wilson (Alabama) & Drema MacNeil (West Virginia) @ the gala
May 4, 2011


Julia Williams (Louisiana)


SMART Board training
May 4, 2011


SMART Board training
May 4, 2011


SMART Board training
May 4, 2011


Brandon & me on the way to the Sphinx Club for our National Teacher of the Year gala


A grand entrance


Our table


Jon Rolle (DC teacher)


A scrumptious dessert!


Me with Wilma Ortiz (Massachusetts)


Kelly Nalley (South Carolina), Cheryl Conley (Florida), and Jennifer Facciolini (North Carolina)


Kelly Nalley (South Carolina) and Angelica Jordan (Department of Defense)


My husband, Brandon
Me with the lovely and uproarously funny Kentucky TOY, Erika Webb.  I love this girl!


Brandon and me


Kimberleigh Doyle our amazing SMART Board leader and me


A late night return to The Fairfax, where we stayed.  Because of my camera issues,
I only had my phone to take pictures with, and while most of the pictures from this evening
came out poor and oddly colored, the effect on this photo was beautiful.


Matinga (Michigan), Joe from Delaware's date, Wilma (MA), and Brandon arrive back at the hotel.


Me in front of the United States Department of Education--so excited I could barely breathe!


The parent and community involvement table at the DOE
May 5, 2011


A working lunch at the DOE


Chief staff members of the DOE listen to me.  At least they're smiling!


Me addressing the DOE


Joe Masiello (Delaware) records "My Favorite Teacher"


The DOE presented us with a cake, tuned up some music, and showed us that all educators know how to have fun!


A view from our reception and legislative conversation with Education Counsel


A view of the Capitol


My wonderful wonderful friend, Joe from Delaware, on our Target bus tour
May 5, 2011


The Target buses driving by the Capitol with the sun setting


The Capitol
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment