Monday, March 7, 2011

Ten things on my mind today...

1.  I need a name for my newspaper column.

2.  Two hour delays in which you lose your plan period and have to start a new unit and are late because you had a dead car battery are not a nice way to start school again.  But drowning your sorrows in hot cocoa & Milanos with your son at the coffee shop helps.

3.  Parents do truly want us to be superhuman.  And when you're simply human, they write nastygrams...

4.  Tonight will be a long, difficult night at Plymouth Elementary School as we toll over the budget and saving teacher positions.

5.  Our grades are now online.  Hmmm.

6.  I hope the teachers are receptive as I start visiting schools.  Very nervous about that.  What do I say?

7.  How can I start a school in a Mayan village in Mexico...?  It's practically all I think about.

8.  PhD or EdD?  Macaroni & cheese or Chop suey?  Treadmill or icy roads?  Decisions.

9.  I need a publisher for my students' Sudanese book.

10.  Too many conversations today with teachers who feel like their options are burn out, complacency, or change of career...why is it like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment